Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blend Door Actuator

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, has anyone done a DIY replacement/repair on their Blend Door Actuator. I've been getting a clicking sound for some time and inconsistent HVAC. If so how hard was it/how much time did it take (links if you have any you tube references). Thanks.

As per tesla service, the inlet actuator is the issue. I just changed mine and hope the sound stops. it's inconsistent, so I am unsure if the issue was resolved.

follow the instructions in the photos.
you need a stubby Phillips head and remove the plug in the way of the inside screw.
when removing the vent, you will notice there are no screws and a panel is in the way. you will need to pull that panel down and wiggle the vent out of the way.

it's very easy

Attachments

• actuator - inlet.png
    actuator - inlet.png
    179.6 KB · Views: 314
  • glovebox removal.png
    glovebox removal.png
    380.9 KB · Views: 206
  • instrument panel removal.png
    instrument panel removal.png
    268.4 KB · Views: 202
  • Helpful
Reactions: geordi
As per tesla service, the inlet actuator is the issue. I just changed mine and hope the sound stops. it's inconsistent, so I am unsure if the issue was resolved.

follow the instructions in the photos.
you need a stubby Phillips head and remove the plug in the way of the inside screw.
when removing the vent, you will notice there are no screws and a panel is in the way. you will need to pull that panel down and wiggle the vent out of the way.

it's very easy
Just wondering did this resolve the click noise? I have it and the service center cannot fix it either. Not sure they know about the actuator. Thanks