Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blinding headlights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I notice when I’m driving and get blinded by oncoming traffic 8 out 10 times it is a Tesla model 3.
I live in the Netherlands.
Is it possible that they are not fitted well for our traffic/roads.
They have the high beam on. Interestingly, it's only the high beam of other Teslas that the treat view mirrors can't dim their lights. I always get blinded when a Tesla behind me has high beam on.

They have the high beam on.
I've noticed that Tesla's auto-High-beam feature is relatively lazy.
I have same feature in my other cars, and they all auto-drop from High to Low beam way earlier than my Model 3.

If you, and others around you, are driving with Model 3 High-beams set on "Auto", you are increasingly likely to find this out for yourselves the hard way.

It is what it is.

Reactions: pnwadventures
I notice when I’m driving and get blinded by oncoming traffic 8 out 10 times it is a Tesla model 3.
I live in the Netherlands.
Is it possible that they are not fitted well for our traffic/roads.

There are too many unknown factors to technically respond to your question.

Highway driving?
City Street driving?
Streetlights?
2 lane street?
How close are the cars?
etc?

There are too many unknown factors to technically respond to your question.

Highway driving?
City Street driving?
Streetlights?
2 lane street?
How close are the cars?
etc?
I experienced it on all kinds of roads but mostly highway. City streets often have more curves so no long distance oncoming traffic.
Streetlights don't seem te play a part in the matter as far as I can judge.
when it occurs I often think: damn those lights are shining bright and too much focussed on me (like regular high beams). When the car approaches more closely it looks like the left light (closest to me) is more blinding than the other one. Like they are not aligned properly.

I experienced it on all kinds of roads but mostly highway. City streets often have more curves so no long distance oncoming traffic.
Streetlights don't seem te play a part in the matter as far as I can judge.
when it occurs I often think: damn those lights are shining bright and too much focussed on me (like regular high beams). When the car approaches more closely it looks like the left light (closest to me) is more blinding than the other one. Like they are not aligned properly.

Well, I think you have your answer.

They aren't aligned properly.

Of course, that's adjustable by each car owner.