Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla SC messed up with my headlights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I took my 2022 model 3 to a service centre for an unrelated issue and asked them to adjust the headlights as i could barely see any illumination on my right hand side (eg narrow country lanes). This was an issue when driving in Europe.

The SC did something funky where now the two “humps” in my light intersect each other at longer distances (before they were sort of almost parallel). Also lights are much higher and keep blinding oncoming traffic.

But the worst is that auto high beams is now totally and absolutely out of whack. Used to be almost perfect, sat 96%~ and now dropped to less than 30% back to the early days of my ownership experience.

Does anyone know what the beams are actually supposed to look like? I don’t have a dark room or a garage like rsymmons unfortunately.

Take them to any garage and ask them to check your alignment. Put them in setup or configuration mode (can’t remember the exact phrase) they will line up their machine and then you use the scroll wheels in the car to move up, down, left and right as directed.

Take them out of service mode and they will be correct and legal. Should cost pennies as there are no tools involved and almost no work. It’s a sub 5 min job.

Doing it on a wall is not how to do it.

Video ..
Take them to any garage and ask them to check your alignment. Put them in setup or configuration mode (can’t remember the exact phrase) they will line up their machine and then you use the scroll wheels in the car to move up, down, left and right as directed.

Take them out of service mode and they will be correct and legal. Should cost pennies as there are no tools involved and almost no work. It’s a sub 5 min job.

Doing it on a wall is not how to do it.

funny thing according to Tesla's service note: "wall method used to align headlights" haha
thanks I'll check out local garages