Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blinking red T on mobile charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a similar issue between a Home Depot Leviton ($8) NEMA 14-50 receptacle and a Bryant ($45) receptacle. I just switched to the industrial Bryant receptacle because my Leviton receptacle gave me reduced current (12A) 3 times over the last 1-1/2 years. I thought it was due to heat so I bought an industrial receptacle. After installing the new industrial receptacle I got a red T light blinking twice. I then switched back to the Leviton receptacle and the Tesla logo was all green. Switch back to the Bryant receptacle again and got a red T blinking twice. Any ideas? The only change is the receptacle. The wiring is the same. Weird.
Did you ever find a solution to this? I’m in the exact same situation with the Leviton to Bryant switch.

I have a similar issue between a Home Depot Leviton ($8) NEMA 14-50 receptacle and a Bryant ($45) receptacle. I just switched to the industrial Bryant receptacle because my Leviton receptacle gave me reduced current (12A) 3 times over the last 1-1/2 years. I thought it was due to heat so I bought an industrial receptacle. After installing the new industrial receptacle I got a red T light blinking twice. I then switched back to the Leviton receptacle and the Tesla logo was all green. Switch back to the Bryant receptacle again and got a red T blinking twice. Any ideas? The only change is the receptacle. The wiring is the same. Weird.

When charging rate gets reduced, do you get a notification on your phone, on your car, or did you have to personally check the car as it is charging?

I ask because I charge my car exclusively at night while sleeping. How would I know if I'm getting reduced charging speeds for any reason?