TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Bloomberg Article on LA Stolen Tesla CRASH - good for Model S

Discussion in 'News' started by fuelsman, Jul 12, 2014.

1. fuelsman

fuelsman Member

Chicago Tribune
    Good Bloomberg article about the Model S LA stolen car crash.

2. MikeC

MikeC Active Member

Yeah, except the driver is now known to have died since that article was written.

3. Tasdevil

Tasdevil Member

It would be interesting to know if the driver had their seatbelt on and if their fatal injuries came from being thrown from the car.
    After the Infamous Mexico crash that the driver walked away from I try to read every modelS crash and I'm still asking myself "how safe is this car?" Not to boast, but genuinely curious.

4. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Of course the driver was not belted in: that's why he went through the windshield. And the injuries he would have sustained going through the windshield ended up killing him. His skull and cervical vertebrae would have fractured in multiple places.

5. JPP

JPP Active Member

Guess we'll just wait to see the results of the autopsy--I assume the LA County Coroner will have all of the CT scans etc from the trauma center.