Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blue 2013 Model S 85kWh, 27k miles, $52k OBO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
DSC_0886.jpg

Ok, this is it. I love my Model S and really hate to let it go, but I am moving back to Europe and cannot take it there. Only owner, non smoking. Has all maintenance done at Tesla. VIN 22075. Located in Miami.

What it has
  • 85kWh battery
  • Deep Blue metallic Paint
  • Tan Nappa Leather interior
  • Piano Black Decor
  • Tech Package
  • Supercharger Enabled
  • Panoramic Roof
  • Parcel Shelf
  • 8 year battery and drive unit warranty (good until October 2021)
  • 4 years or 50k miles warranty (extendable for an additional 4y/50k miles for $4K)
This car was originally offered here in April at a much higher price.

DSC_0885.jpg
DSC_0881.jpg
DSC_0850.jpg
DSC_0857.jpg
DSC_0888.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_0882.jpg
    DSC_0882.jpg
    463.8 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC_0884.jpg
    DSC_0884.jpg
    599.3 KB · Views: 40
Why can't you use the supercharger network? I moved my Mercedes S500 to Sweden. One thing to keep in mind is that cars in Europe cost twice as much as they cost in the U.S. If anything, there is a huge incentive to move your car to Europe. In Sweden, you are allowed to import one car when you move, and you must prove that you have owned the car for six months. Apparently, people are trying to make money by importing cars from the U.S. to Europe. Big price difference.

The charging standard for the Model S in Europe is different from the one in the US. That's what I've been told by multiple sources, including my Tesla Service Center. You can browse the Europe forum and see for yourself. I would love to take it with me. From a legal point of view you are right, I can put it on a container and will not pay taxes to import it. However, no warranty and no superchargers is too much of a constraint.

Here are two threads that discuss why you cannot use European superchargers with USA Teslas:
- Different Tesla Chargers in North America and Europe
- Are the european and american superchargers different? Why?

I don't understand why you would not just take your car with you. Just put it in the container with all your other stuff. I did that when I moved to Europe.

All (most?) electric cars in Europe use a different charging connector as a standard (vs the numerous "standards" in the US.) Tesla also uses this connector there. It is different then the port on US cars. Type 2 connector - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Well, according to the design studio, the price of a Model S70 with no options is $30,000 more in Sweden than it is in the U.S. So that gives you a bit of money to change the connector.
Not at all, since the Swedish price includes 25% sales tax and the US price is without tax. Tesla is an exception of a car company for charging a similar price globally.
It is not only the plug that differs between US and EU by the way, but also the charger(s) under the rear seat, so now you are probably looking at perhaps $10k in parts. If Tesla doesn't agree to rebuild the car to EU charging, you need to buy the parts as spares and are then probably in for some really serious hacking to get the parts to communicate just to get the car running.

When are you leaving / are you in a hurry?

A friend of mine, from montreal, is looking to maybe buy a used 85, after driving mine...

I am not sure if he is ready yet, but will show him your ad... Then there would be the hassle of importing into canada, the validity of the warranty, the possibility to buy the extended warranty... And all the calculations with the exchange rate and import taxes...