Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blue Raven Model X Dies

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Fairchild

14S,16 X90,18 3,19 XRvn, 21 Y, 14S. 22 YP, 23 3
Mar 27, 2016
Florida
Got into my 2019 RAVEN Model X the other day and saw a new alert: WARNING: Maximum Recharging Reduced.
Called Roadside. They didn't know what it was. Classic: GO TO SERVICE CENTER, but make appt first.

Plugged in at the office with 62 mile remaining and green flash was good. Came out at end of day and it was still at 62 miles. Guess that REDUCED warning should have said REDUCED TO ZERO. Advice from Roadside. GO TO SERVICE CENTER. TRY A SUPERCHARGER (30 miles in the wrong direction). NOT.

One problem: Service center is 69 miles away. After driving to cancel dental appt, try multiple chargers, etc, I'm down to 58 miles. Could drive toward the service center, but Roadside would not reserve a flatbed at the nearest supercharger until I got there. With a 1 to 2 hour wait for flatbed, I would miss the 6 pm close and be stranded.

Set out for the Supercharger nearest the service center. Was able to drive at 50 and 55 (took a lot of middle fingers from faster drivers on the road, even in the slow lane) and eventually saw a trajectory (love the range/destination projection chart that got me to the Service Center with 1% to spare (I started at -5%). But traveling at that speed would I make it by 6 pm.
Ah then saw rush hour traffic and I-4 like a parking lot (actually slower speed helped range, but not the clock). Also my GPS always malfunctions at new construction causing vehicle to miss exit, go down one more exit and loop back in bumper to bumper.

Long story short: Had to modulate speed and range to make it before 6. Arrived at service center at 5:48 with 3 miles to spare. Can I tell you..........It was like landing a 747 on an aircraft carrier. Kind of exhilarating, but only after I got there. I felt like I had won the Daytona 500, but only Tesla buds would understand it.

One good thing....Arriving that late got me a Tesla loaner (P85D) instead of a rental hog.

Diagnosis pending. Secret bud tells me two others with similar warning. One got it's electronics tweaked. The other got an entirely new battery.

Will keep you posted.

Alas, got the text today. "We do need a new High Voltage Battery. Ordered one and will fwd ETA as soon as avail."
Looks like I will be getting a new 100K battery ($20K value) at 17,213 miles.
Anyone know if today's batteries are any better (range/power) than those six months ago??

Tick tock....tick tock. Let's see how long it takes to get here from California.

I am getting to understand why Tesla is looking into making it's own batteries with the failure rate so high from Panasonic.
Tesla is reportedly trying to make its own battery cells as its relationship with Panasonic becomes more tense

Complete new battery scheduled to arrive from CA Feb 27th.

Anyone know if the new battery will be any improvement over the OEM I got with my Raven Model X six months ago when new?
Have there been any advances since then?

You don't know what you've got 'til its gone!!

Loaner P85 D locked into Valet model. One problem. I didn't do it and can't undo it. Called ROADSIDE - Helpless
Can't get through to Tesla Service. Texted my service rep who is working on getting my new battery from California.
Within a few minutes he is back to me by text and says he is working on it remotely. I come out of me meeting, hop in the loaner and SHAZAAM! All set. Tesla Rocks!!!

Went to a movie out of town. Drove around for a bit to find a parking place. Since having a TESLA, I so rely on my phone to locate my car that I guess I didn't pay total attention to the parking place I got after a long hunt. Came out in the dark rain, and walked three rows looking for the loaner P85D. Even the clicker couldn't locate it. Longed for a phone app which would connect to it. Got mall security to drive me around a bit and be damned if I hadn't parked three rows over from where I thought I was. I could have summoned BLUE RAVEN to come and pick me up in the rain.

What did we do when we had roll up windoww???? Wow!

I didn't realize how much I appreciated my BLUE RAVEN and all of it's toys. Thanks ELON!!! Well, I could probably go without the Whoopie Cushion, but then again, someday I may have to give the Ex a ride!!!

Reactions: IdaX
Complete new battery scheduled to arrive from CA Feb 27th.

Anyone know if the new battery will be any improvement over the OEM I got with my Raven Model X six months ago when new?
Have there been any advances since then?

Tesla told me toward the middle of last year that there was a fault in some main li-ion batteries that has been fixed in the latest hardware version. The update is supposed to prevent it from occurring. If you got the same message as the one reported in the link below (Maximum Battery Charge Level Reduced), then I think your Model X's main battery is in this group. You will want a confirmation, and please post back what they say. Glad you got a P85D loaner though!

See: Maximum battery charge level reduced

That is exactly the message I got. Got a new battery from CA in about two weeks. Not bad considering. It charges to 301 range which is typical for the Model X Performance Model with Ludicrous mode. Satisfied. Will test my new Draggy this afternoon and see how it performs at Full SOC.

• Informative
Reactions: Electric700