Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bluetooth device search failed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had exactly the same issue, and even swapped the BT module ... It turned out that the Android Phone (Moto G7 Power) talking to the Alpine was the issue. A new iPhone 12 works beautifully !! and better on Wife's Model3 (here in UK).

Controversial Point alert 😆 ....
I love the iphones hardware: sound, design, camera, bluetooth, pods etc but the, software 🙄 especially the consistency across app's sucks !!! For example going back: Android: anywhere you are, just use the back button. iPhone: some apps need to scroll to top, some bottom, some swipe right, some tap the back - why not just a back button ??? )

and ..... OVMS just works better on Android, more control, consistency and settings available.

I had exactly the same issue, and even swapped the BT module ... It turned out that the Android Phone (Moto G7 Power) talking to the Alpine was the issue. A new iPhone 12 works beautifully !! and better on Wife's Model3 (here in UK).

Controversial Point alert 😆 ....
I love the iphones hardware: sound, design, camera, bluetooth, pods etc but the, software 🙄 especially the consistency across app's sucks !!! For example going back: Android: anywhere you are, just use the back button. iPhone: some apps need to scroll to top, some bottom, some swipe right, some tap the back - why not just a back button ??? )

and ..... OVMS just works better on Android, more control, consistency and settings available.
Thanks for your reply! I've always been an iPhone guy, so the Pixel 5 isn't even my phone :) it's the previous owner's phone, I only got the car a few weeks ago. He told me Bluetooth worked just fine before the touchscreen had failed, so this issue must have something to do with the new head unit.

I've yet to give OVMS a try, is it worth it? and relatively easy to install?

Reactions: Mark77a
I'm a big fan of OVMS....it provides a lot of information and generates great notifications on the health of my roadster. The device is incredible value and fairly easy to install. It's a very inexpensive piece of insurance. I can't Thank the crew that developed this and made it open source enough. They have been extremely generous and giving of their time to support it!!

I'm a big fan of OVMS....it provides a lot of information and generates great notifications on the health of my roadster. The device is incredible value and fairly easy to install. It's a very inexpensive piece of insurance. I can't Thank the crew that developed this and made it open source enough. They have been extremely generous and giving of their time to support it!!
Good to hear!! I just ordered it

Okay, I will recommend that to my aunt for her newly acquired Roadster. It is in the shop for the installation of the new tires from 4Wheelonline, plus the alignment.