Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bluetooth keeps playing when I walk away

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has walk away lock been disabled by the Detailing crew? That might have hampered them.

And a reboot is always a good idea when the Tesla acts up.

I can imagine a lot of control options being accidentally changed when detailing the screen and steering wheel.

Good luck

Upvote 0
i think i know the problem! this used to happen to me too in my 2022 Model S. I realized that if I opened the liftgate before I opened the door to get out, and then closed the liftgate, the screen and audio would still stay on inside the car. I would then have to open and close the door to have everything turn off.

However, if I opened the front door BEFORE i opened the liftgate, then once I close the liftgate, everything would turn off as normal. Very weird bug

Upvote 0
Has walk away lock been disabled by the Detailing crew? That might have hampered them.

And a reboot is always a good idea when the Tesla acts up.

I can imagine a lot of control options being accidentally changed when detailing the screen and steering wheel.

Good luck
That's a good point, but I have "exclude home" checked for the walkaway locking feature. Isn't turning the car off a separate action from locking the doors? I know those 2 things coincide most of the time but I wasn't sure if they are one in the same. The Bluetooth takes over my audio, but just at times when I'm in bed listening to my phone. My iPhone suddenly goes silent and I look at the audio and it's connected to my car! And I haven't driven in days. Odd. I'll try the reset again.

Upvote 0
i think i know the problem! this used to happen to me too in my 2022 Model S. I realized that if I opened the liftgate before I opened the door to get out, and then closed the liftgate, the screen and audio would still stay on inside the car. I would then have to open and close the door to have everything turn off.

However, if I opened the front door BEFORE i opened the liftgate, then once I close the liftgate, everything would turn off as normal. Very weird bug
That is strange. I'll play around with that.

Upvote 0