Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BMS_a027 & BMS_a170

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got these error codes on my 2022 M3 RWD. Has anyone had to deal with these issues in Hawaii? I’ve read in other mainland threads to take it to the Tesla Service Center right away but the next available appointment is in 2 weeks. Just wondering if I should hold off on driving it until then.

Update: I called the Tesla Service Center and they had me bring it in ASAP as those errors could lead to stopping in the middle of the road. They ended up replacing the Compressor (Heat Pump) under warranty and provided $100/day in Uber credits during the repair. Overall great and seamless service experience!

Reactions: 1965Falcon
Upvote 0
Which island are you on?
So you are back on the road in good shape?
On Oahu.

Everything seems to be running back to normal from what I can tell physically however, I've noticed my max range after charging to 100% dropped from 262 mi to 257 mi and my energy consumption has increased from 214 wh/mi to ~260 wh/mi.

So on paper it appears my range and efficiency dropped. Maybe it just needs to recalibrate. I'll update with my findings after a few charges.

Upvote 0