Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog Bolt EV Sales to Go Nationwide a Month Early

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Chevrolet has started taking orders nationwide for its Bolt EV and expects to begin delivering them in two months. All electric-certified Chevrolet dealers can now order the $37,500 electric car.

Steve Majoros, Chevrolet’s marketing director for cars and crossovers, told Automotive News: “We were waiting for the training to be done, we were waiting for the right tools to be in place. We are kind of ahead of schedule on implementing all of those things as well as making sure we have enough sufficient inventory.”

The rollout is a month sooner than originally planned.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is about 1 hour and 20 minutes extra charging in the Bolt. If that's a showstopper for you, then don't buy it. NorCal to SoCal is perfectly doable in a Bolt.

If you really want to complain about something, choose a valid argument. For example, there is no fast charging between San Francisco and Salt Lake City except for Tesla. However, even that is dubious. If I had to go to SLC, I would fly regardless of what car I had in the garage.

In a Tesla I just say navigate to pier 39 in San Francisco and just start driving. All my super chargers and charging time are listed in my Navigation.

Where will you charge, how will your charge, and how long will it take to charge in the Bolt? Does ones Bolt even have a DC fast charger upgrade (not standard) and you also need to plan all your routes around one. I'm stressed with range anxiety already imaging a nightmare that isn't going to happen - I wake up tomorrow with all my vehicles gone and I'm left with just a Bolt.

Maybe I don't want to buy multiple plane tickets and want to do a road trip to SLC? Having options are powerful.

The Bolt doesn't sit at the same grown ups table as the 3 despite appearing to be in the same pricing and driving range. Sooner people realize that, the less money, heartache and buyers remorse is thrown at GM's compliance car.

Last edited: