Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Boombox Function

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was putting up Christmas lights outside the house yesterday and thought it would be nice to play some Christmas music while doing so. I recalled the Boombox funtion - though have not used in the past. I was able to have my MY play music on the outside speakers while I sat in the car, but as soon as I opened the door and stepped out of the car, the music stopped.

Is this how it is intended to work? Would seem silly if one needs to remain in the vehicle. I would envision it as useful for tailgating, or similar activity.

I was putting up Christmas lights outside the house yesterday and thought it would be nice to play some Christmas music while doing so. I recalled the Boombox funtion - though have not used in the past. I was able to have my MY play music on the outside speakers while I sat in the car, but as soon as I opened the door and stepped out of the car, the music stopped.

Is this how it is intended to work? Would seem silly if one needs to remain in the vehicle. I would envision it as useful for tailgating, or similar activity.

Turn on Camp Mode on the HVAC controls and Boombox should stay on.