Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Boombox - the good and the bad. No luck honking from app

Oct 11, 2020
Grand Rapids, MI
Thanks to some posts here and some videos I managed to change my USB stick to three sections. It was only used for TeslaCam but now I have sections for TeslaCam, MUSIC, and Boombox.

Love the concept of Boombox and I have my five custom sounds and all of them work. Here's the big bummer: if you honk the horn from the app it doesn't play the Boombox sound. I'm not likely going to play sounds at low speeds because it's a bit obnoxious. I was, however, thinking I could have some fun with my kids by having the car play funny sounds while we are watching from a hundred feet away. Bummed that doesn't work.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC