Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BOTH FOBs suddenly stopped working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all!

I have a 2013 S 85 with 118,000 miles on it. Greatest car I've ever driven!

Last week, I left the house and everything seemed fine. However, when I returned to the car after about an hour parked, I could not get in, the car did not respond to my FOB. I clicked the buttons to open the doors, trunk and frunk. No response. I used the app to get in and had to use the app to start the car.

When I got home, I tried the other FOB. I know this FOB had been working just a couple of days earlier, as I had tested it (thought I had sold the car and wanted to make sure both FOBs worked). I did the 2 button reset (both of them), but the car still did not respond to either FOB. I changed the battery on both, no response. I tried to set the FOB on the windshield and on the right quarter panel (based on some ideas I found on the web). Nothing has worked.

I have an appointment with the Mobile Tech tomorrow, but they seem like they are at a loss as well. I have searched this forum and overall Google searches but have not found any ideas on what could be wrong. I'm hoping someone here has some ideas.

Thanks.