Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FOBs stopped working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had my S for a week. Both FOBs stopped working. The only way I could start the car was with my phone. After a 20 minute wait I was able to speak to a representative. Since I am 100 miles away from a service center they are sending someone out in 5 days.

Do FOBs commonly just stop working?

Peter

I had my S for a week. Both FOBs stopped working. The only way I could start the car was with my phone. After a 20 minute wait I was able to speak to a representative. Since I am 100 miles away from a service center they are sending someone out in 5 days.

Do FOBs commonly just stop working?

Peter
Have you tried changing the fob batteries and re-booting the MCU?

Reactions: E90alex
The mobile tech was out to my house. He failed to fix the problem. He tried a new key FOB, which briefly worked. Now I have three non functional FOBs. The tech told me to set up an appointment at the service center (100 miles away), The only way to do that is with the Tesla app. The only option shown for service now shown Is "range check". This not good!

A lot of water also collected on the passenger side on the floor. I suspect the air conditioner condensation is not draining properly.

Peter