Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Both headlights suddenly pointing down!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, yesterday everything was fine, today while driving home, noticed that my headlights pointing really, really low, can't adjust them from MCU, they wont react at all. Can both headlights motor suddenly go bad, and both drop to lowest possible position? TMS 2014..

In service menu there is nothing releated to headlights, only noticed that every 5 seconds there is THC errors, maybe its somehow connecting..?

THC_w0126_condRightShutrNoFeedbk
THC_w0130_redRightShutrNoFeedbk|
THC_d0015_cabinPTCHeater
THC_w0112_PTCTempRange
THC_w0237_PTC_LeftCoreTempSensor

Waiting for your thoughts, thank you!

These errors are the front vent doors and the Thermal system heater (including Battery heater), and the inside heater. Mostly sensor and timing "temporary" errors, unless the heat stops working in the cabin or you get the PTCTempRange more than occasionally. You can check the two front vent doors to make sure they are opening and closing normally. Unless there are electrical issues in general in the front, these errors would not normally affect the headlight adjusters.

• Informative
Reactions: bumbazs and brkaus
IMG_9540.jpeg

Ground problem?
It could be releated to ground, possibly. Because i have another issue, when there is raining outside, tens of errors hits, and car is undrivable till its dries out.. ground studs under frunk is checked and good, can’t find the root of the problem. Thanks god, sunny days came, and car not dying, but seems other issues like this is popping up now….

Reactions: DerbyDave
Yesterday i noticed, that the headlights during daytime, was back to normal, at night they again falled down! What is happening? tried to shine the flaslight to sensor, no changes.. Maybe there is really somewhere bad ground, and at night when there is more moisture outside ground is acting crazy.. I don't know.. Ground studs under frunk is cleaned, retightened..