Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Both Pedals Pressed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
20.x here, just dealt with this. Definitely not pressing both at the same time. Adjusted the carpet (although I didn't feel it was touching or anywhere near it). I let the car sit as I just came back from unplugging it in the hot FL sun. It stopped once I sat in my garage for a moment. Wonder if the 147f interior temp had something to do with it.

Service appointments are two weeks out for Mobile, so I scheduled one anyways just in case.

If past experiences are anything to lead by example, they'll claim it's a bug but ultimately replace and it resolves. I dealt with a bad driver seat sensor for awhile while they diagnosed it. Eventually they replaced the entire seat and it's been good ever since.

Issue still present. Did not get notice but once or twice the entire week while in Georgia. Definitely happening more often in late afternoon on my way home, once car has been in the heat for a while. Have a feeling it is actually the accelerator pedal, not the break. Since then got firmware 2019.20.4.2 but did not notice an improvement. Mobile service scheduled for July 9th.

Reactions: GuyDude
Issue still present. Did not get notice but once or twice the entire week while in Georgia. Definitely happening more often in late afternoon on my way home, once car has been in the heat for a while. Have a feeling it is actually the accelerator pedal, not the break. Since then got firmware 2019.20.4.2 but did not notice an improvement. Mobile service scheduled for July 9th.

So what ended up happening after your service appointment? Was the issue resolved? I'm in FL, and i've also had the same issue for several weeks. I had a service appt scheduled for tomorrow, but they contacted me and cancelled the appointment saying they didn't have the part yet. There is also no ETA as to when they will have the part either. They said it's on backorder..

So what ended up happening after your service appointment? Was the issue resolved? I'm in FL, and i've also had the same issue for several weeks. I had a service appt scheduled for tomorrow, but they contacted me and cancelled the appointment saying they didn't have the part yet. There is also no ETA as to when they will have the part either. They said it's on backorder..

The part did not arrive on time for original appointment and got rescheduled and today, finally, got the mobile ranger to replace it. He was done in 15 min including a quick test drive. Tech said he replaced pedals on another car 3 weeks ago.

Had to go back to the office and did not watch but my understanding is that both pedals were replaced, not sure exactly what was swapped and what reused.

Asked and was told the part is different revision. Definitely feels... stiffer? Anyway, since I had the issue for a month or so, had a chance to play and figure what is going on. Definitely the accelerator pedal. I could tap the pedal from behind (as if to push toward me) and warning would go away. Was so bad toward the end, car could take 4-5 tries to go in hold so I would even stop trying and just keep pressing my foot listening to the constant beeping.
Backing into parking spots on a slight slope, as I always do, you could feel stuttering. As I have creep on, I only need to keep foot slightly on break. But with the bad pedals the motor power would get removed, creep stops then it would energize the motor again then repeat.

Only had one commute so far no beeping. Issue was constant in late afternoons, maybe 4-5 times more often than in the mornings. I attribute it to the heat. Used to have fan only overheat protection, switched to AC use and maybe made a slight difference.

Good luck to the rest of you.

glad to read reboot fixed it for you. not so concerned with the "both pedals pressed", but rather the second part - "motor power removed". not looking for a conspiracy but if the accelerator can feed fantom signal, I can understand how a car without motor power override can accelerate on its own.

your location seems to be Florida, I am in south Florida myself, we have been getting a lot of rain the last few days, could it be related?

V__2 Thanks for posting! I started having the same issue today. Definitely not pressing both pedals. Version: 2019.24.4. Model 3. Car is not even 5 months old.

Rebooted the car tonight. If that doesn’t fix it I’ll be calling the service center to set up an appointment.

Attachments

• 0CB6F7FD-04E1-43FF-9340-FCE57B182134.png
    0CB6F7FD-04E1-43FF-9340-FCE57B182134.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 143
Similar experience here. Started getting frequent “both pedals pressed” warnings intermittently when braking. Seemed to start around the same time as my upgrade to 2019.24.4, about a week ago. Hoping this is a software problem that will be fixed with an update.

Similar experience here. Started getting frequent “both pedals pressed” warnings intermittently when braking. Seemed to start around the same time as my upgrade to 2019.24.4, about a week ago. Hoping this is a software problem that will be fixed with an update.

If I pull the e-pedal up the alert stops. I have a service appointment next Tuesday. Fingers crossed

I took the car to the service center today and they have to replace a sensor. Took less than 40 minutes for them to fix it.

Definitely not something a software update can resolve. So far the car hasn’t beeped once since they replaced the sensor.

My 4/2019 car started exhibiting this issue after the 24.4 update, but it seems as if there are others with different software revisions experiencing the same issue. I have not had any problems with hold mode activating, but the “both pedals pressed” alert usually goes away about as quickly as it’s enabled.

Have any of you with the accelerator pedal replacement started experiencing issues again since the work was completed? I’m curious if this is really software related and the act of replacing and calibrating a new pedal clears the software issue for a bit again.

For me the issue has not returned after they replaced the part. I think I remember right after the swap I could tell the pedal was feeling like it is giving a little more resistance when pressed. Do not expect this issue to be possible to be addressed with fully with software. It is possible to fake it where say 5% press is interpreted by the computer as 0% press but to me there was a hardware element involved.

My issue came back after rebooting. I made and appointment with the SC and they came out and replaced the sensor behind the brake pedal. The service guy told me it was an issue they have been dealing with lately. But an updated sensor has been made that will solve the issue.