Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Both Pedals Pressed, motor power removed"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's happened before to me as well. It's the strangest feeling. Interesting that you had an audible warning. When this happened with my Volt, I never got anything until I pulled over and looked into the driver footwell. This was particularly prevalent when using molded nets lie Weathertech. Nothing wrong with the brand, just the user who was not paying attention 😀

With a clutch (manual transmission), one would usually not be able to use their left foot to brake.
With an automatic, left brake & right accelerator is doable.
Having driven only manuals for my first ~15 years and hundreds of thousands of miles on the road (plus dirt bikes for years before that), I do understand this.

I just wanted to make sure I understood his implication to be “hah, clearly you aren’t a real driver.” And I wanted to make sure I understood his assumption that the only valid use for the left foot is clutching, even for “real” drivers.

Reactions: mongo
Heh. I've left-foot braked in a manual. Only on a track though, never on the street.
Heh, yeah, I used "usually" for a reason. 😁
Having driven only manuals for my first ~15 years and hundreds of thousands of miles on the road (plus dirt bikes for years before that), I do understand this.

I just wanted to make sure I understood his implication to be “hah, clearly you aren’t a real driver.” And I wanted to make sure I understood his assumption that the only valid use for the left foot is clutching, even for “real” drivers.

Dirt bikes? Ok, once hand controls come into the picture all bets are off.

Reactions: Lindenwood
And yet sometimes your carburetor is messed up and you need to keep RPMs up to prevent stalling (and loss of vacuum boosted brakes) while stopping.
Then handbrake, clutch, and accelerator to get moving again, if on a slope.

Ah, the good old days... 😅

• Love
Reactions: Lindenwood