Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Both rear doors won't unlock

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The rear doors were working fine this morning but now both rear door handles remain in the open position and the door is locked from the outside. I've tried rebooting the car (paddles on steering wheel and a hard reset from the settings menu) but it hasn't solved the problem. The rear door handles remain locked in the retracted position. Because this happened at the same time, I have to think mechanically the door handles are fine so maybe it's a software issue. My car is a 2014 model S (VIN 55356). The front driver and front passenger doors work normally. When the car locks as I'm driving, both rear door handles remain in the open position but the car is locked. When the car is parked, the front handles are in the locked position, mirrors folded in, but both rear door handles are in the open position, but the entire car is locked up.

I didn't see any other threads similar to this but if I missed it please let me know. Anyone else have this problem?