Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bottom line cost in FL? [of a tesla model 3]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,

New guy here and after perusing this forum for a bit and getting a few questions answered, I just got home from my test drive appointment where thankfully a Model 3P (with 17 miles on it😃) was available for me to take for a ride rather than the LR that they said was the only one available for me today even though I told them I was interested in the P. To put it mildly, it was fun and I was happy to be #1 at a stoplight more than once to help them break in the new tires on it.

So after going home to look over financing options I decided to go ahead with ordering it. I just had a question and sorry if this was brought up before but I was curious about what on the price of the car is taxable if anyone knows as I am trying to figure out what the bottom line price is as Tesla's website is quite vague on that subject and I likely plan on trading as FL gives a tax advantage with trading even though Carvana wants to give me a bit more cash than Tesla does trade credit.

Does the total taxable amount on the car include the $1200 destination fee they charge? I.O.W., do you pay taxes on the dest. fee as well or does that get tacked on after taxes specifically in FL if anyone knows. (Its been a while since I bought a car new that's not a lease) Is there any other fees that Tesla adds and are they taxed as well?

Thank you all in advance

This should give you an idea of what the tax would be.
Florida is one of the states that gives you a sales tax discount if you buy the car at the same place where you trade in.
So if your trade is worth 10k, you would save the tax (7.5% depending on where in Florida you are) of that 10k.
If the trade in is worth more then you would save more.
You would need to do the math of whether the sales tax savings is higher than the extra money Carvana or a different dealer is offering you.

Attachments

• FACECF9A-255E-4D9F-8C71-612113AFEDE6.jpeg
    FACECF9A-255E-4D9F-8C71-612113AFEDE6.jpeg
    428.2 KB · Views: 88
  • Informative
Reactions: 1speed