Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bought new rims - need advice on tire size!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys, I finally bit the bullet on a set of 19"x8.5 turbine rims (offset +35) and now I'm on the hunt for a good set of tires that will fit snugly.

My setup is a little complicated because I'm dropped approximately 1.4" (MPP perf. coilovers) and have 15mm spacers on the front and 20mm on the rear.

I'm hoping there is someone with a similar setup that can recommend a good size tire that won't rub or bulge too much. I was thinking maybe 245/35 from what I've been reading, but I really have no clue.

I'm aware that I may have to raise it slightly as well so they don't rub (I currently have OEM 18" aeros)...fortunately the coilovers are adjustable!

TIA!

I'm currently struggling between 245/40 and 255/35. I found some pics of a few Audi S5's with the 255/35 19's as I think that is their stock tire size, and I really like the look of them... nice and wide with a decently sized sidewall, and just a tiny bit of wheel rash protection :)

My current tires are 235/45...so, doing a bit of math, if I switch to the 255 width that will be an additional 20mm. So if I take off my spacers, they will be identically flush as they are now (at least in the back). The fronts only have 15 mm spacers so they will protrude out about 5 mm more, but I assume that will be negligible.

Thoughts?

Definitely 245/40 on an 8.5” wheel. It’s a perfect fit.

I’ve been very happy with the Conti PureContact LS in that size. Awesome tire.

0E084922-84C9-4E2D-82B2-50A7CDADB908.jpeg