Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brake caliper?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would the red performance brakes work on a long range awd ? Wanted to see if it’s easier to paint/powder coat the ones that come on the car or buy the ones’s from the performance model that are already painted red.

I remember on some random YouTube video talk about Model S brakes as being a direct fit for TM3.

I don’t recall the details and we don’t have our Y yet so I’m not sure I will care about improving the braking performance but if your just into the aesthetics, paint them DIY. If you want improved braking performance, consider an upgrade.

I'm new member and trying to decide between the Y perf and the long range AWD with perf boost. My question is about the brakes. I know the rotors are thicker on the Y perf, but does anyone know the specific differences between the calipers (# of pistons, swept area etc.)? I haven't been able to find any comparison of braking performance between the two.

Would the red performance brakes work on a long range awd ? Wanted to see if it’s easier to paint/powder coat the ones that come on the car or buy the ones’s from the performance model that are already painted red.

There shouldn't be any problems doing so. Breaks calibers are the same everywhere no matter what car they are on. I'd say use a high temp paint and just brush on or bag everything and spray on. The main concern is how you are going to jack it up and keep it up. I have a set of floor jack and jack stand but it seems I may need an adapter and different type of jack stand.