Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

brake pad service limits?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The pad swap is very straight forward, I would suggest using pad adhesive on the back of any front aftermarket pads to make sure they don't rattle. It's not a safety issue, just some times the pads will make noise which is very obvious in an electric car, you would never hear over the racket of an internal combustion Elise. I have adhesive if you need it, or I can supply G-Loc GS-1 pads already set up for the Roadster(same compound as 1521).

Reactions: dhrivnak
So there are no issues related to electrical regeneration braking system that has to be taken into consideration?

AFAIK that is correct. We had no issues with the regen after changing to the 1521's nor have we had any issues with the regen since changing to @titaniumdave rotor/pads.

I will say that both (the 1521's or @titaniumdave rotor/pads) considerably improved our braking over the stock pads/rotors.

It looks like @titaniumdave has a set of rotors/pads available and ready to ship if you are interested? Here's a link to the thread.

Last edited: