Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brakes freeze up when parked. Previous cars didn't do this.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Which set of brake pads are getting stuck to the disc -- the smaller electrically-engaged parking pads or the larger brake-pedal pads? Thinking it has to be the big ones (after using them just a bit when pulling in to park), since Tesla could tweak the material of the small parking brake pads to avoid this kind of thing.

This has been happening to me, but only since the weather got cold. It may be nothing to worry about, but it is very disconcerting because it is loud, and the car shudders. I have tried stepping on the brakes a few times before I start moving, and this seems to help, sometimes, but not all of the time. I would love to find a way for this to stop happening because it really bothers me, even if I know it is nothing to worry about.

This happens to me almost every morning. The car is almost always parked in the garage wet, because of the amount of snow we have had this winter. When my MS went in for its 12,000 check up, the service center said they had to replace the rear brake rotors because they had too much corrosion on them. They also said the front ones were beginning to corrode. I have had brakes sticking on other cars, I have owned, but I do not think I have had to replace rotors quite so soon.

This is very disconcerting, especially since they have been saying that the brakes will last longer than in standard ICE cars, because of the regenerative braking. Since it seems that many of us are having this sort of problem, I wonder if there is anything that can be done about it???