Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brand new MY3LR came with FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

YForMeee

2021 MYP+ 2023 M3LR + 2024 M3P in Grey + Whife
Yesterday I picked up a brand new 2023 M3LR from Tesla in Burbank, CA. We did not purchase FSD however i was surprised today to see that the car has FSD enabled. I was able to successfully navigate to Starbucks this morning using FSD including lane changes and turns, which my MYP with autopilot cannot do.

Question: Curious if anyone else took delivery of a brand new Tesla recently and if FSD was included? It does not show under my software and only offers me an option to buy it for each month.

If it changed lanes and made turns (as opposed to following a curve in the road) you have features beyond free Autopilot. What does the MY say about what’s installed? Does it show Autopilot or FSD?
How to tell if Tesla vehicle has FSD
In the car’s Autopilot menu, do you see Navigate on Autopilot (beta) as a selectable toggle? If so, you may have full FSD enabled. I’d say that it might be EAP (Enhanced Autopilot) but EAP doesn’t have auto lane change.
Differences between EAP and FSD
I’ve never heard of it happening, but a glitch may have “flipped the switch” at Tesla’s end. I would hope that OP went back to the purchase documents and verified he wasn’t charged $15K for the feature without requesting it.

Upvote 0
Probably free FSD beta trial period for your new car
That was my thought too; just haven’t been able to find anything mentioning the free trial and therefore wondering if anyone else taking delivery recently received it. I do see from my phone it shows FSD with an
Expiration date that is about 90 days from purchase

Attachments

• IMG_3703.jpeg
    IMG_3703.jpeg
    122.2 KB · Views: 111
Upvote 0
Is that a thing? Damn. I’ve had two new Teslas. A ‘21 (rear-ended/totaled by a 19 year old kid texting while blowing through a toll booth) and my current ‘23 LR delivered in November ‘22. My only free trial was Premium Connectivity - one year for the first MY and one month for the replacement.
Much more money in FSD for them than premium connectivity

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yesterday I picked up a brand new 2023 M3LR from Tesla in Burbank, CA. We did not purchase FSD however i was surprised today to see that the car has FSD enabled. I was able to successfully navigate to Starbucks this morning using FSD including lane changes and turns, which my MYP with autopilot cannot do.

Question: Curious if anyone else took delivery of a brand new Tesla recently and if FSD was included? It does not show under my software and only offers me an option to buy it for each month.

Upvote 0
That was my thought too; just haven’t been able to find anything mentioning the free trial and therefore wondering if anyone else taking delivery recently received it. I do see from my phone it shows FSD with an
Expiration date that is about 90 days from purchase
Very interesting. I wonder if it’s referral code-related? That was only S/X but maybe they’ve extended it to 3/Y now.

Either way, congrats and enjoy the trial!

Reactions: brianbcc
Upvote 0
Very interesting. I wonder if it’s referral code-related? That was only S/X but maybe they’ve extended it to 3/Y now.
The OP has a 3LR and they appear to have gotten a trial, so I guess it applies to 3/Y as well. I too am curious if it’s referral related or the trial period was only recently implemented. As stated previously, I got my MYLR in Nov. ‘22 and the only trial it came with was a month of PC. <envy>

Reactions: Abraham
Upvote 0