Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brand New Tesla Model X P100D for sale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I'm in a bit of a unique position. I just recently won a Model X in a sweepstakes, and I was able to pick all the options I wanted, so I loaded this thing up with all coolest stuff. But I'm not going to keep it. There are just too many other things I can do with the money I would get from selling this thing (like paying off my mortgage!). The car hasn't been delivered to me yet, as they're still in the process of ordering it. I would assume it would be here no longer than 8 weeks, but I'm trying to get a jump start on finding a buyer and figuring out how much money someone would be willing to pay. I've already talked to a local dealer that specializes in luxury and exotic cars, and they seem very excited to get their hands on it, but they said they can't give me a firm price until they take a look at it. They said as long as it's brand new and I've put minimal miles on it, that they won't go far off of sticker price. Now what they mean by "far off", I don't know, and if they're going to really lowball me, I'm going to look elsewhere. So I figured I would jump on here and see if there was any interest.

Here are details:
Model X Performance
Ludicrous Mode
Midnight Silver Metallic Exterior
22" Onyx Silver Metallic Wheels
All Black Premium Interior with Carbon Fiber Decor
Six Seat Interior
FSD

It comes with unlimited super charging, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't transfer to a new owner. I'd love to get $115k out of it. There will be barely any miles on it, just the distance from the dealership to my house, which might be 60 miles.

I'm kinda curious if I would be eligible for Tesla's 7 day return policy. I think the title is going directly into my name, so I'm not sure if there is anything stopping me from doing that.
I'm assuming you've reached out to the holder of the contest to inquire about a cash option? Every car related contest I have ever heard of has had a cash opt out option...

Yes, they did offer a cash option, but when weighing the two, it seemed like a better idea to take the car, as they will pay most of the taxes for it. Whereas with the cash option, no additional tax money is provided (I'm guessing they figure since they're giving you money, you have the cash to pay it yourself). Of course this all depends on how much I can actually sell it for on if this ends up being the better option.

Reactions: 1375mlm
You'd have to crunch the numbers. If you have a low % home loan, it might be better to invest the cash as the net return could be better.

It is tempting to invest, and my rate is fairly low, but I absolutely hate debt, even a mortgage. Once this is paid off, I will have no debt whatsoever, and that is a piece of mind that is better than no other. And since I will no longer have a house payment, this frees up plenty of money to save and invest. I've wanted to get into rentals for a while, and now I may be able to do it without borrowing money just by saving back the money I was using for my mortgage.

As for what I can get for this car, I'm all ears on what any of you think is a fair price to both me and the buyer.

Reactions: 1375mlm
Unless you flip it, then generally you have to give back rebates or credits.

Nope, not in this case. The only stipulation for the federal tax credit is that the car wasn't acquired or leased for resale. The OP didn't buy it, he won it. Even if he owns it for one day and then decides to sell it, he's still fully entitled to the federal tax credit.

It is tempting to invest, and my rate is fairly low, but I absolutely hate debt, even a mortgage. Once this is paid off, I will have no debt whatsoever, and that is a piece of mind that is better than no other. And since I will no longer have a house payment, this frees up plenty of money to save and invest. I've wanted to get into rentals for a while, and now I may be able to do it without borrowing money just by saving back the money I was using for my mortgage.

As for what I can get for this car, I'm all ears on what any of you think is a fair price to both me and the buyer.

Paying off your house mortgage is an emotional decision. If you have a low interest rate mortgage, as others posters have said, it is better for you to invest the money in something that has higher returns in interest. If you pay off your home you also get no tax benefit. Also think about why so many people are looking at reverse mortgages. They have all their money tied up in their personal home from paying it off and need to siphon money back to live on. The smartest decision would be to invest the money wisely, but I would make the emotional decision to keep the car! :D