Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Break hold was gone and back

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday I drove my MX on a local road, stopped at traffic light, and noticed that the break hold was gone, the little “H” sign was not on, I looked at the driving setting, the creep mode was off (I never used ). Later I went grocery and went back on then the break hold was back. I’ve been driving it for a week now, picked up last week. It’s 17 MX. this is the first time.
Is this normal the break hold not working occasionally? Personally I like this function and need it to be solid working.
Thanks!

Hi Hwood,

As you noticed it is still there.
You may have to press the brake pedal harder to engage it...
Give it a try...

Shawn
I actually did, I tried several times, harder than the usual, and it did not work. Then I left it as it was, parked and went grocery. When I was back from grocery shopping, got back on car, started, then tried again and it worked.

Since you are new to the car it may be because you are not used to how it operates and toggles the hold.

If it is on and you press it again when it goes off. Press again and hold for a second and it goes on. Toggling this off is really easy to do if you don't remove your foot from the brake pedal when at a stop with the hold engaged. That is, operate it like you do in an ICE car. A small flexing of the foot is enough to toggle it off and on. I usually take my foot completely off the brake pedal when at a stop light and after verify the "H" on the display. Try it a few times to see if this is the cause of the issue.

Last edited: