Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brembo caliper connection lines - where can I buy?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My brake caliper connection lines have rusted again. My car is now out of warranty, and Tesla quote USD 1.150 for 2 of these shipped to my door (!!). These lines sell for USD 50 or so from parts-stores, but I've searched and cannot seem to find the right ones. I wish I had a local shop that can make these themselves, but I don't think I do.

Anyone know from where I could get these?

It seems the same calipers are used for other cars, like Chevy Camaro etc, but I didn't find such lines for these cars either.

Wow. I would look into some aftermarket steel or kevlar braided ones that are not vehicle specific, as they are flexible and can be configured to any vehicle. You just need to find the correct length. I used to buy these 20 years ago for my street racebike, I don't have any specific resellers for you but there must be many these days.

I need the U-shaped "crossover line" (hard line) that goes from the first two pistons to the other two - On the same caliper.

Original caliper (not mine):
kalipper.JPG

I just placed an order for these: Caliper Crossover Tubes (1 left & 1 right) For EVO 8/9, STi, CamaroSS, CTSV, Tesla 4 Pot Front Calipers (Note It Will Not Fit EVO 10)

Hope they'll fit, and don't rust as fast....

Attachments

• kalipper.JPG
    kalipper.JPG
    146.4 KB · Views: 85
Keep the two screw in fittings and buy some brake line of the correct diameter. You can create double flare ends easily with a simple tool and if you use copper-nickel lines they are easy to bend. Once you have reassembled the system and purged any air in the lines, stand on the brake pedal as hard as you can. It should not move down.

The bigger issue comes later in the life of the car when the brake lines rust and leak at clips along the frame. The same process will fix the problem but if one line is weak you need to change them all, in my experience.

.... and now I sent a request to cancel, that company manufacture their own Model S calipers - the crossover tubes are probably for those.

So are you looking for the cross over line like you showed? If so, you are best to make your own as stated above or you can see if you can buy some for a cadillac cts-v 2004-2006. They are identical calipers.
If you are looking for brake lines, the flexible hose, then evtunning has awesome stainless steel ones.

Thanks for the advice! Making my own is tempting, it doesn't seem hard to do . I guess I'm at a point in my life where I'm tired of DIY mechanical work (I have an AE86 too) - I rather put in some extra effort at work. and pay for bolt on parts, or pay others to do it. If only I had a warm garage....

The company I linked to, RacingBrakes.com, confirmed that their crossover tubes are for the Brembo OE Model S calipers (and fit many other cars as well, with identical calipers, as you mentioned), USD 45 for a pair, so I went for those.

And no joke, the "local" (530km away, 8hrs drive incl ferries) service center wanted USD 1150 to ship these tubes to me.... I was actually surprised they were willing to send, as they have not been before (for instance door handles)

Thanks for the advice! Making my own is tempting, it doesn't seem hard to do . I guess I'm at a point in my life where I'm tired of DIY mechanical work (I have an AE86 too) - I rather put in some extra effort at work. and pay for bolt on parts, or pay others to do it. If only I had a warm garage....

The company I linked to, RacingBrakes.com, confirmed that their crossover tubes are for the Brembo OE Model S calipers (and fit many other cars as well, with identical calipers, as you mentioned), USD 45 for a pair, so I went for those.

And no joke, the "local" (530km away, 8hrs drive incl ferries) service center wanted USD 1150 to ship these tubes to me.... I was actually surprised they were willing to send, as they have not been before (for instance door handles)

You could also go to any local brake repair shop and they can make them for you very easily and quickly