Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bridgestone - TURANZA EV 255/45R19 Tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone installed Bridgestone Turanza EV 255/45R19 Tires? Any positive/negative reviews?
I know that Bridgestone saying allot of good things about those tires - they are quite, up to 50K Mi, comfortable ride, low rolling resistance, etc.
But how they are in "real life"? Any impacts on the efficiency?

Have you tried to search? Do an advanced search, there are a few dozen threads on replacement tires, including the newest Bridgestone EV tires.
You'll find answer quicker than waiting for responses.

Also, have you checked TireRack?

Has anyone installed Bridgestone Turanza EV 255/45R19 Tires? Any positive/negative reviews?
I know that Bridgestone saying allot of good things about those tires - they are quite, up to 50K Mi, comfortable ride, low rolling resistance, etc.
I searched once again - yes, people mention those tires, but nobody talks about efficiency. For my long commute to/from work (about 100 mi) - it's very important. Would really appreciate an efficiency comparison to OEM Continental tires.
I got the bridgestone turanza every for my model Y LR
I found the efficiency suffered
Whereas my daily drive to work used to have efficiency of 220 Wh/mi, i’m now getting about 255 Wh/mi. This is on 23 miles each way on mostly highway at 65mph
I’ve done a little over 1,000 miles on the new every tires and the efficiency has been consistently around 15% worse
It may be smoother and quieter, though i’ve not noticed it myself. I was more focused on the efficiency. On that score, it’s been disappointing.
I’m curious to find if other’s experience similar efficiency deterioration i did

Whereas my daily drive to work used to have efficiency of 220 Wh/mi, i’m now getting about 255 Wh/mi. This is on 23 miles each way on mostly highway at 65mph
I’ve done a little over 1,000 miles on the new every tires and the efficiency has been consistently around 15% worse
It may be smoother and quieter, though i’ve not noticed it myself. I was more focused on the efficiency. On that score, it’s been disappointing.
I’m curious to find if other’s experience similar efficiency deterioration i did
Thanks for sharing your experience with the Turanza tires. Confirming the tires you have are the Turanza EV tires and the PSI is similar to the tires you replaced. I was considering the Turanza EV tires for my Model Y LR however based your experience of lower efficiency I will not purchase these tires.

i noticed this too! it drives great but i lost so much range from these tires

But how they are in "real life"? Any impacts on the efficienc
i had the continentals pro contact rx to begin with. after 10k miles with the car i got the bridgestone turanza ev because i wanted quieter tires and thought it would help increase range on my 2023 MYLR. boy was i wrong. i was getting about 2 miles per kilowatt (per 1%) cruising 50mph with the bridgestones when it was over 3 miles per kilowatt with the continentals. on the highway going 70mph, it was 1.5 miles per kilowatt. i also noticed i had to use the brake more because the stopping power of the regenerative breaking was not as good with these tire. let me add that i had 15k miles on the car; i drove about 5k miles with the bridgestones hoping it would get better but never did. i ended up going back to the original continentals, which helped get it back to above 3 miles per kilowatt!! terrible tire, never again. i strongly encourage to not get the bridgestone turanza ev.