Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Experience so far w/ Bridgestone Turanza Quiettrack 19" Tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought these Bridgestone Turanza Quiettrack 19's (255 /45 R19 104V XL BSW) from Discount Tire a month ago and thought I would share my experience since buying tires for my Y was tough. I originally wanted the Pirelli P7 All Season's but couldn't locate them near me.

I live in CA and wanted something all-season and efficient so I ended up getting these. I decided against just replacing the pro contacts it came with because I only got 26k miles out of my first set which seems ridiculous two were at 2/32 and the others were closer to 4. Bridgestones are rated much higher but don't really have much tread so I'm skeptical.

I have used, after 1,469 miles 409kWh / 279Wh/miles
Original Continental ProContacts 25,867 Miles, 6,965kWh / 269Wh/mi

Handling is quite good. Ride quality is slightly louder and stiffer, I can't notice going much at lower speeds but when I start going 75+ I can really feel the impact of poor quality highways causing vibration. There could be some bias because Discount Tire filled these to 45 psi and I use to roll more 40-42 which means stiffer ride. Overall my gut is to try different tires after these wear out in a few years but if they can really get me 50k+ miles I might get them again (they are rated for 80k). Overall fine tires but slightly less efficient and slightly bumpier ride.

• Helpful
Reactions: Olle and byeLT4
I bought these Bridgestone Turanza Quiettrack 19's (255 /45 R19 104V XL BSW) from Discount Tire a month ago and thought I would share my experience since buying tires for my Y was tough. I originally wanted the Pirelli P7 All Season's but couldn't locate them near me.

Did you considered the Michelin Cross climate 2? Costco had a sale on Michelin starting on 12/28

I live in CA and wanted something all-season and efficient so I ended up getting these. I decided against just replacing the pro contacts it came with because I only got 26k miles out of my first set which seems ridiculous two were at 2/32 and the others were closer to 4. Bridgestones are rated much higher but don't really have much tread so I'm skeptical.

Handling is quite good. Ride quality is slightly louder and stiffer, I can't notice going much at lower speeds but when I start going 75+ I can really feel the impact of poor quality highways causing vibration. There could be some bias because Discount Tire filled these to 45 psi and I use to roll more 40-42 which means stiffer ride. Overall my gut is to try different tires after these wear out in a few years but if they can really get me 50k+ miles I might get them again (they are rated for 80k). Overall fine tires but slightly less efficient and slightly bumpier ride.
I'd highly recommend the Nokian One tires - quieter and more fuel efficient (not to mention a smoother ride and excellent wet weather and snow performance as an all-season). Made a notable difference to me; try them out.

Did you considered the Michelin Cross climate 2? Costco had a sale on Michelin starting on 12/28

Cross climate 2 will drop you're range pretty good. Not great for EVs.

Reactions: Olle and Pianewman
Can you share where U got your data?
Respectfully submitted
There are multiple threads/posts (including mine) here at TMC that attest to the efficiency loss. I experienced about an 8-10% loss of efficiency in about 1500 miles with CrossClimate2, and now the same loss, after about 12k miles, with Michelin Pilot Sport 4s.

Continental ProContact RX 255/45R19XL 104W BSW​

$262.63

From internet Conti ProContact RX is not cheap and MYLR came with those tires. I am surprised that they lasted only 25,867 miles , I wonder if it has anything to do with heavy footed driving habit? Most of my Michelin tires last 50K+ miles, maybe because I don't accelerate fast? Below info is from the Car and Driver on Internet
=====================
12 January, 2021

I had Michelin's CrossClimate + installed on my car, and driving in snow storms (I love storms) I can say that they perform splendidly. Here in Québec you can't drive unless you have legal tires made for winter conditions, so opting for Michelin's wonders means you can drive with the same set of tires all year round. One of the best buys I've ever made.

12 January, 2021

Nokian makes stellar snow tires, and their all-weather tires bearing the mountain/snowflake symbol have a solid reputation for true year-round performance as well. I'm not a fan of hard, long-lasting low-rolling resistance all-season tires, however, so the Nokian One is unlikely to impress me. That said, I'm always happy to see more products made in the USA.

Last edited:

Have you tried lowering the tire pressure to improve the ride/noise?