Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Broken Tesla Mobile Connector

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Tesla Gen 2 Mobile Connector broke... it used to work every once in a while...now it just says no power every time and get the red circle. PN: 1101789-00-G

1. Is there a way to reset it or do anything to troubleshoot? (other than the unplug, try different outlet, try different car, etc.)
2. I'd like to buy another one, perhaps 2nd hand if I can. Is there a way to tell what year it was made by the part number or serial number?

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: livesmith
Reactions: Jukster
I will put a couple links below this for you to check out. For me, the trick has always been do the reset, and if that doesn’t work, change it to one of the other adapters. For instance, I’m using a 14-50 adapter, and when I switch to the 120 and reset it, it seems to work. Then I put the 14-50 back on, and everything is fine.

Defective UMC

Thanks! I tried the 240 adapter switch and same thing. Red ring and no power, tried with a Model 3 and my Model S. What’s weird is that the adapter by itself when plugged in gives me a green TESLA (as if it’s fine) but when I plug in the car I again get no power. Anything else I can try? I know the gen 1 had a physical reset button on the adapter itself but it seems gen 2’s don’t have it.

After removing the 5-15 adapter several times, it appears it's working. I can at least get it working just about every time. I've had better success by leaving the charger plugged in the tesla port and then plugging it into the outlet. Go figure, but I'm happy I got it working.