Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Built Ford tough... more recalls??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I saw this report but I can't find any additional source to verify the recalls:

Ford Mustang Mach-E: Bad News for Drivers… and Criminals

Apparently two recalls

First, on 3,178 units, the windshield may not be properly attached and could separate from the vehicle in a crash, significantly increasing the risk of injuries for occupants. Dealers will have to remove and reinstall the windshield using the correct method, something that wasn’t done at the assembly plant for some reason.

The second recall involves 1,812 Mach-Es. Here, it’s the glass panel of the panoramic sunroof that may not be properly attached and could separate from the vehicle over time. Dealers will clean and install additional adhesive to the panoramic roof glass.

I'm sure if these are valid reports, since I can't find anything to validate these reports...

• Helpful
Reactions: Brando
Tesla had a few well publicized incidents and Ford had a mass recall (possibly every single MachE they ever made) over the same issue.

.....Yeah..... This is how the legacy OEMs with 100+ years of experience are showing Tesla how it's done and how "the competition is coming". ;) Legacy OEMs focus on spending their sales and marketing overhead budgets to buy off the media to keep things nice and quiet while Tesla is building factories, rapid iteration to launch new features, and manufacturing vehicles at increasing speed.

"The doors fit properly, the plastics and other materials color-match, the bumpers don't fall off, the roof doesn't come off when you wash it, the door handles don't get stuck in cold weather,"

- Darren Palmer, Global Product Development Director for Ford

Ford's head of electric vehicles throws shade at Tesla, saying the new Mustang Mach-E's 'roof doesn't come off'