Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bumper dent quote

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just rented a Tesla and upon return they pointed out a small dent in the front bumper (so small, I hadn't noticed it). The repair quote came back as 11.5 hours of labor (and $760 CAD). That feels excessive, and I'm trying to make sure I'm not being taken for a ride here. Any advice is welcome. Thanks!

What model is this for?
Done a couple of bumper removals and replacements but that is purely fitment, nothing cosmetic.

Bumpers are plastic on all models - so I am guessing they are going to be sanding back and repairing, then repainting. Typically you don't just repaint the bumper but the front quarter of the vehicle to blend the older paint with the new.

Long and short - sounds like a typical cost. I don't think you are being taken for a ride...... too much. Standard rental procedure of going a little too far with the repair to return it to as new. At least they are going down the new bumper route!

Upvote 0
Do you have a photo? What are you looking at for the overall repair cost? I had a complete bumper cover replaced and painted to match at an authorized repair center for $2300 US. I don't think they had 11.5 hours for all of that including sensor alignment.

So if the total is not $760 CAD I think you might be being taken for a little ride. Or as I say to my wife, the only one who should be doing that to you is me...

Upvote 0
Thanks for the advice. Found in the small print that anything less than an inch is regular wear and tear and I'm pretty confident they're under an inch. Waiting to hear back. Good to hear if it is an overcharge, it's probably not a substantial one.

Upvote 0