Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Frustrated service visits

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had to take a new MYLR in to get a couple dents removed from the hood that I didn't notice during pickup due to it being white and in the blazing sun. First service visit, which is a 2.5 hour round trip, ended up needing a loaner as the dent repair guy was not in that day. No big deal, I get to drive a M3P for the day. Pretty fun little go cart.

I pickup the car the next day, and look over it with a fine tooth comb, but again out in the sun. Get home and notice a outie dent on a different part of the hood, must have been when they inserted the backer tool for the paintless dent repair. Not too happy at this point.

Fast forward a few weeks, I show up to my appt, and they decided to replace the hood. This seems like a good idea, as the dent was not going to be easy to remove. A few hours later, I take a look at the work and notice the pearl white is no where close to the white on the rest of the car. Super bummed and after talking with the manager, they said the only way forward is to repaint and blend in with the bumper/fenders. They gave me a MX and I drove 2 hours home in rush hour.

Really don't have high hopes they will get it right when I go to pick it up . Just wanting the first new car I've bought to be unmolested, but the ship has sailed. Any reassuring words of advice?

Well, it continues. Went to pick up the vehicle, and they blended the fenders to the hood quite well. But for some reason they did not blend the bumper to the hood. I feel like I’m babysitting a bunch of middle schoolers. Wasted 3 hours getting up their and back. Service center was closed, so I just left the Y there. Super disappointed. Also a nice sweet gap on the right side of the hood.

in total, I’ve spent 9 hours driving back and forth to the service center trying to get this hood correct. Mind blowing.

Attachments

• F25471BB-9C63-4634-87D5-924DB27A0AB1.jpeg
    F25471BB-9C63-4634-87D5-924DB27A0AB1.jpeg
    181.4 KB · Views: 113
  • 650A1BAB-6FBA-4855-8B60-348100939429.jpeg
    650A1BAB-6FBA-4855-8B60-348100939429.jpeg
    114.8 KB · Views: 60
Reactions: fsb1
Tesla said they don’t blend the bumper due to it being plastic. i called bullshit and they said as the reason for the discoloration is due to the clear coat still being freshly painted vs the bumper being cured for 30 days.

Anyone have any advice? I can’t find anyone that says the clear will change the color as it cures. Photo was taken 18 hours after paint.