Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Business Insider talks to BMW about "Why Our New Electric Car Is Better Than Tesla's"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Gave me a chuckle, have to wonder about some of these blogger/journalists

Oh yes, I particularly enjoyed the bit about getting a 3-series for a road trip.

And the stuff about the hydro, wind and recyclability was quite funny. I understand the i concepts, but I couldn't help but consider that the Model S body is made of aluminum, a heavily recycled and abundant metal. And I can't wait for more details on the Gigafactory's closed cycle concept.

The i3 does have a better price than the model S. But BMW is doing an electric economomobile with BMW badging, pricing and performance, which means it is still limited. 190km is good, it really is enough for the great majority of people's driving. But BMW has to market it as a city car, and they are offering a range extender for a reason.

The model S on the other hand can drive coast to coast, and if you are dissatisfied with needing to charge partway through the trip, I suggest taking 20-25 minutes every 150 miles to meditate on the importance of taking time for yourself, and enjoying the world around you. Perhaps the car should be plugged in for this time as well.

The i3 seems to be one of the beset electric cars around, and it is probably best in its class, but it just isn't in the same class as the Model S.

A couple of points:

The i3 does have a better price than the model S.
The i3 doesn't necessarily have a "better" price, but it does have a "lower" price. ("Better" implies a value-for-money argument.) It's like, what has a better price; 1 kg of gold for $1000, or 1 kg of lead for $500? I would argue that the better price is $1000, but the lower price is of course $500.

190km is good, it really is enough for the great majority of people's driving.
You forgot the quatation marks. The i3 has "190" km of range. ;) Realistically, more like 80-160 km, depending on season and driving style.