Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buy now or wait?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the market for a LR AWD with FSD. My situation is that I am in a lease that will end this Nov. I have about $2,000 left in remaining lease payments. I am debating if i should buy now and get the $3750 tax credit (obviously money not realized till next year) and also lock in current FSD prices or wait till closer to Nov and get the lower tax credit $1875. The buy now would effectively put me in the vehicle now with money for remaining lease payment returned to me later. I do not plan to lease a model 3.

I guess i would be paying more by waiting ... cost of FSD would go up by $1,000 if Elon is to be believed (i am skeptical and was proven right so far with today's tweet).

The added insurance cost might make this a wash .... still waiting to hear back from the agent.

Am i missing anything with purchasing now versus waiting? I guess the gamble here is if Tesla will be pressured to do more discounts or perhaps heavily discount the FSD option again.