Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buying Advice? - Signature S w/ perks....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
have the chance to buy a 2012 Signature model S w/ 68k miles for $39K
Car is beautiful, well cared for. I'd say it's a 9/10
it has had drive unit and battery replaced this year, and still has factory warranty until Jan 2021
  • Are signature cars really "all that" as they say?
  • they are P models in the sense they are a P85/90 equivalent?
  • is resale on these better than non Signature?
  • Is the price too high or? <<<<
thanks for any feedback or advice!

Price is way too high. As said above, being a signature S means nothing. No AP and very early model means just more bugs and issues which on newer models have been addressed.

If you want an S, first priority is to get as new one as you can afford, and then look at specs.

• Are signature cars really "all that" as they say?
  • they are P models in the sense they are a P85/90 equivalent?
  • is resale on these better than non Signature?
  • Is the price too high or? <<<<
thanks for any feedback or advice!

Nothing special only sentimental value to the person that paid the astronomical price to buy it new. If you have to have "P" you can find P85D/P90D models in low mid 40's if you check the "CPO" sites.

Much rather get the newest model with the most range you will likely need. Some refresh 75s can be found in that low-mid $40's range as well.

I have a Sig S- I had a lot of parts replaced under warranty (while that was active). The only issue I've had with the car outside of warranty is the sunroof. Mechanically, it has been outstanding and I have 113k miles on it now. I had the motor replaced (under warranty) in 2017, but I'm still on my original battery pack. I think Signature cars are cool, but newer models with more features are probably a better deal for not that much more money