Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buying older 21" turbines to replace Arachnids on Plaid Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Whatever you use from the „old“ 21“ on the PLAID to make it look flush you need spacers. The offset and the dimensions would require 10-15mm for the front and up to 15-20mm for the rear (assuming 265 Staggered- square needs 20mm) which do exist. That is per side.

the critical aspect will be the speed rating of the slimmer rubber and if the car will be able to apply the torque especially once the track Mode with 200mp/h VMAX is available. We’re entering a very narrow band for error here and I guess the insurance companies or Tesla will allow only one rim/rubber combo.

Please post images. I’m personally very interested to see original Arachnids and Twin Turbine shots. Those rims will catapult the Plaid to a much different, exclusive feel.
the current Arachnid 2.0 feels granular and generic and not on par with the refresh look.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I am looking for a set of 21 Plaid arachnids wheels and tires. I just received mine yesterday. I spec'd the vehicle with the 21" but they said it would be another month or two so I decided to accept delivery of one with the 19"

You don’t need to simulate the 295’s. Optional. The 265’s rears have been on model S for 9 yrs lol and they look just fine :)
Just want to make sure we are talking about the same thing: Topic was buying older turbines for new Model S refresh. No, they will not fit naturally. 265 or 295...the new refresh is substantially wider. Fenders are different--all of them. Offsets for the new car are different than older model S oem offsets. Can you rig older turbines to fit a new model 265 on rear...? You could...and I would heavily advise against it. Will significantly effect the handling of the car, amongst other risks by using spacers on a car with this much power.

I agree 265 for rear of older model S looks just fine. What allot of people dont understand unless you have one or seen one in person, is the new Model S is SUBSTANTIALLY different in terms of width and stance. Looks like a different car from aggressive point of view. The older S looks like a sporty sedan. The new model S looks like a full on sports car when air suspension is low. A 265 on the back would look funny.

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911