Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California Plates and Registration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone receive their California plates and registration? I was delivered my PUP model Y on the 25th of March and still nothing. Looking forward to filing for my PG&E rebate and HOV sticker..
I received my certificate of title, but not my plates or stickers. But because I got my title (with the license plate number on it), I was able to apply for carpool stickers. LR AWD MSM black 20”, delivery 3/27.

Delivered on 3/27, still waiting for registration and plate.

Side note: on 4/1, I mailed out my request to transfer my custom plate to the Model Y, got a reject mail 2 days ago, and claimed that there is no record for the VIN number. Thank god there's still someone working in DMV

If carpool sticker is valid for a defined period of time after granted, we might want to wait a bit longer to apply? What's the point to get carpool today? Every lane is half empty, then it's summer. I am thinking to apply right before the fall. Unless my assumption above was wrong ?

If carpool sticker is valid for a defined period of time after granted, we might want to wait a bit longer to apply? What's the point to get carpool today? Every lane is half empty, then it's summer. I am thinking to apply right before the fall. Unless my assumption above was wrong ?

They are valid for a defined time, but it goes by year so doing today or in the fall will still expire 1/1/24 (orange stickers). If you wait until 2021, then you will get a different color and will expire 1/1/25.

They are valid for a defined time, but it goes by year so doing today or in the fall will still expire 1/1/24 (orange stickers). If you wait until 2021, then you will get a different color and will expire 1/1/25.
That's absolutely correct.It will take something like 3-4 weeks to get them (the entire process is done via regular mail),

I wonder if you time it right and apply middle of December you'll get them early January. Bit of a risk in case they suddenly process the request very fast...

I also just got my plates in the mail yesterday, for my Model 3. Purchased & took delivery of my car on 3/31, and the DMV registration shows the registration paperwork was printed out on 4/20. Plates were received in the mail on 5/13.

Good thing too because SCE sent me a reminder email to hurry up and submit a copy of my official DMV registration in order to get my $1000 rebate, or they would cancel my application at the end of this month. Didn't need it through for the CVRP rebate.

I didn't apply for the HOV decals yet (will wait to 2021 since I'm not driving much these days, and will be working from home a lot this year), but in the past when I've always applied for them - 6 total sets over the past 5 years, usually once the DMV cashes your check then the process is fast and the stickers show up in the mail about a week later. It's usually the waiting, from the time you mail in your app until you see your check has been cashed, that is a long time.