Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California Tesla Sedan Factory: Where?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Among the recent recruits are former Nummi workers such as Eric Smith. Mr. Smith, 49 years old, spent 22 years at Nummi working in areas such as plastics and procurement. More recently, he was part of Nummi's transition team helping to wind down the factory, putting him in contact with Tesla executives.
Last month, Tesla hired Mr. Smith to be a plastics manager for the Model S. "I met Tesla executives on a Tuesday, got a job offer by Friday and they needed me to start on Monday," he says. "My family thinks it's great I got a job."

Great story!!

Me too! I live about 10 miles away in Newark, CA. Noticed yesterday that the old NUMMI sign on the factory is gone and that a new white banner with a red border at one end (the Tesla colors?!) has been put up! Am sure a Tesla Motors sign is lurking underneath... It's really great to drive by the factory now knowing that I have a new baby (with twice the gestation period of a human one ;-D) in the oven there!