Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Calling all MX 75D Owners lets y’all battery degradation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2019 Raven Standard Range (BTX5)
AC016872-1937-434E-9569-18A41E2E0215.jpeg

Looks like 4% degradation to me at 69/~71.8 original.

I like the sound of that much more. Thanks! I was trying to find out the original capacity and I found something that said 72.5 but I was thinking that may have been usable.

Whatever it is, pushing 200 miles on a charge will be a challenge, but it's still much better than our used 2018 Leaf (38k miles at purchase in 3/22). It was "gassed" at 100 miles (150 was purported as the original range on that) and taking it below zero and what happened prompted us to trade it in for our MX. I know... what a jump, huh? Leaf to X.

I like the sound of that much more. Thanks! I was trying to find out the original capacity and I found something that said 72.5 but I was thinking that may have been usable.

Whatever it is, pushing 200 miles on a charge will be a challenge, but it's still much better than our used 2018 Leaf (38k miles at purchase in 3/22). It was "gassed" at 100 miles (150 was purported as the original range on that) and taking it below zero and what happened prompted us to trade it in for our MX. I know... what a jump, huh? Leaf to X.
Looks like it’s barely ever been supercharged

Reactions: Falcon73
Our 2016 Model X, I'm lucky to get 75% of rated range (in any condition, including summer with AC off and windows closed).
100% charge shows ~203 rated miles, we are lucky to get 120 actual driving, freeway, during summer with AC off and windows closed.

Our 2016 Model S 90D, we can easialy meet OR Exceed rated range in summer on freeway with AC on, 5 people in the car and a trunk full of stuff.

Though, our MX 75D does have one brick with at least 1 dead or shorted cell in it. It's been that way for 5 years now. It causes weird range estimates below 40 rated miles left (Estimated Range can jump around, it could show 40, then 15, then 30, then 40 again). Tesla will not warranty out the battery since it is "operating as expected".