Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 MX 100D with battery swap

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, We recently purchased a used 2018 MX 100 D with ~37.5k miles on it. About a month later, the HV battery died and was replaced with ASY,HV BATT,100KWH,SX,V3(1086755-00-J). Prior to the battery swap, the range was ~ 290 miles at 90%. After the battery swap, I have a 330 mile range at 90%. However, I keep losing range at a faster rate (~10 miles for every 7 miles driven). Any thoughts on this ? Also the energy consumption varies widely - the first 100 miles clocked at ~375Wh/mi and is decreasing slowly to ~320 Wh/mi with further driving. I am unable to guess the range correctly at this point. Any insights would be helpful.

Wow, congratulations on getting a new battery and at such low miles and age.

We just recently bought a 2018 X100D, and I thought I remembered that you could adjust the display for rated miles or ideal miles (in our S) but I can't find that anywhere in the controls now. Does anyone else know where that setting is, or did Tesla just take that away?

I thought for sure that was it at first, but now I'm not sure at all. Sorry I'm not any help.

Looks like ur display is in "ideal" (aka useless) setting, Should be under display menu.

New 2018 100d was 295 rated or 370ish ideal (~80% rated/ideal)
So, 290 means u had 22% degradation, 330 is 11%. Congrats u got upgraded :)
320Wh/mi sounds about right or 20" wheels
I get 355 with 22in for 90d.

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H