Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Calling all owners of a Black Model 3 ( Black Knights) Build Thread...

Group name

• Black Knights

Votes: 43 51.2%
  • Black Out

Votes: 14 16.7%
  • Spades

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • Dark Nights

Votes: 20 23.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Love the name Dark Matter... Would you mind posting some pics of what was done to your car? Thanks

-- After spending 2 days with the vinyl on the dash, I actually like the wood dash better. The wrap was removed.

Attachments

• TM3.jpg
    TM3.jpg
    350.5 KB · Views: 482
Reactions: IAmNotARoleMdl
Named my car Dark Matter, but I’ve been wrapping a few stuff with red. I might look for a different name. Black Widow?

I got these items done so far:

1. Tinted with 3M, except windshield
2. Mats, front and rear - that 3D product. Great mats!
3. Tesla trunk and frunk - still waiting on frunk mat to arrive.
4. Wrapped my console and dash with vinyl - used scissors and knife to cut. It’s not too difficult considering it’s my first time
5. Wrapped the front and rear T logos with red.
6. Ordered red seat covers, found them from the other thread
3. Ceramic coated with cquartz.
Material cost, about 1500 thus far. I’m running out of ideas on what I want to do..

Which red seat covers did you order? Are they dark red like BMW's or light? Thanks

ok black knights, i need help.

I am a big MSM fan and former MSM owner. Recently tho, I have really been considering black, mainly because I prefer grey rims and think it goes better w a black car than MSM.

regardless of color, i do plan on getting a ceramic coat but definitely not a wrap, and blacking my chrome. but I am worried about the car looking dirty most of the time (i handwash myself, and can only wash every 3-4 weeks at most).

so my question is... i love all these pics but are you guys washing your car every week to keep it looking this good? or is there something you do to keep up with the look?

i’ve never owned a black car so if the stories are true and you have to wash so often, that would probably be a deterrent for me. or is there something i can do to make the maintenance easier??

fyi, this thread rocks because i was actually looking for a place to overload on black model 3’s!

Reactions: Catman20009

I am a big MSM fan and former MSM owner. Recently tho, I have really been considering black, mainly because I prefer grey rims and think it goes better w a black car than MSM.

regardless of color, i do plan on getting a ceramic coat but definitely not a wrap, and blacking my chrome. but I am worried about the car looking dirty most of the time (i handwash myself, and can only wash every 3-4 weeks at most).

so my question is... i love all these pics but are you guys washing your car every week to keep it looking this good? or is there something you do to keep up with the look?

i’ve never owned a black car so if the stories are true and you have to wash so often, that would probably be a deterrent for me. or is there something i can do to make the maintenance easier??

fyi, this thread rocks because i was actually looking for a place to overload on black model 3’s!

I haven't had my car long enough to tell how often to wash it. Here's what I've been told once the ceramic coating has been applied. A simple pressure washing will do maybe every 3-4 weeks ad maintenance with detail spray and microfiber towel as needed.
Hope this helps. I'll definitely post during the next few months how maintenance is when I get my car back tomorrow.

Ceramic coating makes it easier to clean /wash. If you’re OCD, avoid black. 15 minutes after a wash, you can spot dust everywhere. And I have mine in the garage too.

I have black (also the first black car I have ever owned) and I will say that it shows everything. I didn't ceramic coat it but I am hand washing it every 1-2 weeks. I have a system down so it only takes about 20-30 min to wash the entire car. With that being said when it is clean it does look amazing!