Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Calling all owners of a Black Model 3 ( Black Knights) Build Thread...

Group name

• Black Knights

Votes: 43 51.2%
  • Black Out

Votes: 14 16.7%
  • Spades

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • Dark Nights

Votes: 20 23.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All done. More pics to follow

48C45980-472D-49DA-976E-4DBB0F53D494.jpeg

I ordered my AWD basic black but am worried about all the negativity people keep saying about black cars (swirls, scratches, and dirt). Anyone else worried about these things? I was going to go to a retailer anyway to get PPF on the front and a full ceramic coating application after prep work of course. Just wanted to see what you guys are gonna by to do or if I am just worried about nothing, thanks!

I ordered my AWD basic black but am worried about all the negativity people keep saying about black cars (swirls, scratches, and dirt). Anyone else worried about these things? I was going to go to a retailer anyway to get PPF on the front and a full ceramic coating application after prep work of course. Just wanted to see what you guys are gonna by to do or if I am just worried about nothing, thanks!
Im In the same boat... im prob gonna ceramic coat it

Im In the same boat... im prob gonna ceramic coat it

Yup, get it protected as soon as you get the car. The dirt is only noticeable when you’re next to the car even after a wash. Black is gorgeous especially with Ceramic coating. It stood out beautifully sitting next to my wife’s grey BMW.
However, if I get to do it over again, I would go with red even though I don’t want to spend the extra $1k.

Good luck with your decision. It’s such a fun car!

I applied ceramic to mine (CQuartz) to help with the washing and it’s pretty simple now.
It looks fantastic but needs a weekly wash depending on how it looks.
Smoke process though.
Couldn’t be bothered with PPF, way too much money for no return, it’s only a car after all. I’ll be keeping this one for many, many years.

I applied ceramic to mine (CQuartz) to help with the washing and it’s pretty simple now.
It looks fantastic but needs a weekly wash depending on how it looks.
Smoke process though.
Couldn’t be bothered with PPF, way too much money for no return, it’s only a car after all. I’ll be keeping this one for many, many years.

which kit did you use if you dont mind me asking?

Named my car Dark Matter, but I’ve been wrapping a few stuff with red. I might look for a different name. Black Widow?

I got these items done so far:

1. Tinted with 3M, except windshield
2. Mats, front and rear - that 3D product. Great mats!
3. Tesla trunk and frunk - still waiting on frunk mat to arrive.
4. Wrapped my console and dash with vinyl - used scissors and knife to cut. It’s not too difficult considering it’s my first time
5. Wrapped the front and rear T logos with red.
6. Ordered red seat covers, found them from the other thread
3. Ceramic coated with cquartz.
Material cost, about 1500 thus far. I’m running out of ideas on what I want to do..
Where did you order the floor mats?

Using Optimum No Rinse Wash & Wax makes washing a breeze and helps keep the black on point. Recommend wrapping the entire front fascia and hood and ceramic coat the rest as a nice balance. I moved from black on my former P85 MS to Pearl White in the P90D MX because I got a monster/fire sale discount on a showroom model. Wife was ecstatic to hear that Obsidian Black became an option and we processed her order for AWD. I tried to gently encourage her into the performance model but she said she will use that money on some accessories instead.

Last edited:
Reactions: IAmNotARoleMdl
Using Optimum No Rinse Wash & Wax makes washing a breeze and helps keep the black on point. Recommend wrapping the entire front fascia and hood and ceramic coat the rest as a nice balance. I moved from black on my former P85 MS to Pearl White in the P90D MX because I got a monster/fire sale discount on a showroom model. Wife was ecstatic to hear that Obsidian Black became an option and we processed her order for AWD. I tried to gently encourage her into the performance model but she said she will use that money on some accessories instead.

This is exactly what I'm doing. Obsidian AWD, partial wrap, ceramic coat. Gonna be the sexiest car in Minnesota.

Reactions: MXWing