Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Campground Camping, Sleeping in MY Supply List

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If it is built anything like Expad, you might be surprised... 😁
From the description, its built like the exped and lost horizons mattresses. Its self-inflating memory foam and you need a pump to deflate it so it can be rolled up and fit in the frunk or in the underfloor bin in the trunk. Being memory foam it should not be bouncy like an air mattress that just uses air. This tesla branded one looks pretty good overall and at $225 may be the lowest price of those 3 as it includes the pump. Would wait for comparison reviews before buying it.

3 things stick out to me about the Tesla mattress vs the existing competitors.
  • The valve is at the bottom instead of the top. That should make deflation easier than exped or lost horizons, but also may make rolling it up harder since starting at the small end to roll works better.
  • The tesla mattress is making an attempt to cover the side storage wells. That looks like it covers more area, I don't think I like that because access to those areas is great for shoes, jacket and flashlight to be able to get out of the car at night and use the restroom.
  • The tesla mattress is just over 3 inches thick, the lost horizons is 4.5 inches thick, so its 50% thicker. Impact on comfort and ease of storage?
Currently, I'm very happy with the lost horizon mattress. It's very comfortable, fits the space perfectly and the thickness of it helps negate the slight incline of the folded rear seats. I've used mine many times now and if buying again, I would still buy it.

2013118-00-A-01.jpg

Last edited:
From the description, its built like the exped and lost horizons mattresses. Its self-inflating memory foam and you need a pump to deflate it so it can be rolled up and fit in the frunk or in the underfloor bin in the trunk. Being memory foam it should not be bouncy like an air mattress that just uses air. This tesla branded one looks pretty good overall and at $225 may be the lowest price of those 3 as it includes the pump. Would wait for comparison reviews before buying it.

3 things stick out to me about the Tesla mattress vs the existing competitors.
  • The valve is at the bottom instead of the top. That should make deflation easier than exped or lost horizons, but also may make rolling it up harder since starting at the small end to roll works better.
  • The tesla mattress is making an attempt to cover the side storage wells. That looks like it covers more area, I don't think I like that because access to those areas is great for shoes, jacket and flashlight to be able to get out of the car at night and use the restroom.
  • The tesla mattress is just over 3 inches thick, the lost horizons is 4.5 inches thick, so its 50% thicker. Impact on comfort and ease of storage?
Currently, I'm very happy with the lost horizon mattress. It's very comfortable, fits the space perfectly and the thickness of it helps negate the slight incline of the folded rear seats. I've used mine many times now and if buying again, I would still buy it.

2013118-00-A-01.jpg
Doesn't look like it completely covers the side bins.

Quick tip: The area between the front seats and the rear seats is prime real-estate for storing things. It's easy to remove the headrests from the rear seats to make this storage area more convenient. Of course this might not be ideal if you are planning to sleep in the back of the car and use the headrests to help support your mattress.

PS: you can remove the front headrests too with a similar trick.