Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can’t playback sentry or dash cam vids

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did a reboot, anyone have a solution? Take a look at the screen right of the easy entry. Click on it and nothing happens. Can’t pull up the viewer.

Attachments

• 6746EB67-8321-49B1-8829-E646EDDF8E6D.jpeg
    6746EB67-8321-49B1-8829-E646EDDF8E6D.jpeg
    362.2 KB · Views: 140
Why would it show me the red sentry / dashcam dot, or warn me of sentry events, and then not provide any means to view the footage?

If I tap on the sentry event alert, nothing happens.
No menu to access events.
No ability to format drive.

I tried unplugging the drive and then reconnected, same problem.

I am about to pull the drive and connect it to my computer and see if I can access and reformat it.

Why would it show me the red sentry / dashcam dot, or warn me of sentry events, and then not provide any means to view the footage?

If I tap on the sentry event alert, nothing happens.
No menu to access events.
No ability to format drive.

I tried unplugging the drive and then reconnected, same problem.

I am about to pull the drive and connect it to my computer and see if I can access and reformat it.

Ha, you’re doing exactly the same thing I’m doing. I actually had the option to format it through the car (it’s the brand new 2021 Model 3 and has the thumb drive included); problem is, there was an incident with footage I don’t want to delete if it was recorded.

Same problem here. The option to format the USB drive is grayed out. Yet I still see the red dot, but no way to access the videos. What’s up?
I seem to have the same issue. Using Samsung T5 SSD or the USB stick that came with the 2021 M3. Unplugging, re-plugging, reformatting solves the problem but only temporarily. Is this a known issue or should I add it to my snag list for service?