TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Can anyone help me select a tint and shop in SoCal?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by BurntOC, Aug 6, 2018.

Tags:
  1. BurntOC

BurntOC Member

Hey all, so I just got my black Model S two weeks ago and of course it's been near 100 degrees more often than not ever since. I really want to tint the sides and rear, and maybe later I'll do the roof and windshield. I value heat rejection and keeping the color close to black/non-reflective so I'm HEAVILY leaning towards a 30-35% ceramic tint. I don't want to, and couldn't anyway, spend a lot, so after doing a lot of research it seemed like the options that best fit my criteria are:

autobahn Black Ceramic 30
    Rayno Phantom S9-30
    Llumar CTX 30
    Suntek CIR 30
    Formula1 Pinnacle 30

If price were no obstacle I'd probably go with the Pinnacle, but the best price I've gotten is about $500 and when I compare that to my best CIR quote of 350 I'm leaning towards the CIR. I can get CTX or the autobahn Black Ceramic for about the same price as the CIR, but they either don't perform as well (CTX) or I can't validate their claims (especially as it relates to IR rejection).

So the TL:DR is I'd like to pull the trigger on this ASAP, so if anyone knows of a better deal on the CIR or one of the films that performs better and has some presence to back it up, please point me in the right direction. I live in south OC so closer to there is better than farther, but I could possibly do a drive for a good deal as I drive a fair amount for my job.

Thanks, and I'll keep you guys posted on how it turns out!