Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can GTW_w182 - "Park Assist Unavailable" be caused by trailer hitch ball hitting front license plate?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is the possibility of the error message, GTW_w182 - Park Assist Unavailable, occurs in the event of a minor parking hit where the trailer hitch ball of my car hits the licence plate in front of the Tesla Model S?

In the case I am thinking of, the Tesla front licence plate was hit weakly by the rear of a car, it was only the trailer hitch ball that hit the sign, and there was no visible damage to the Tesla. But a few days afterwards the owner claimed there was problems with the steering and dents on the side of the front. I own a Tesla myself and this does not make sense to me.

Since there is a disagreement, I thought I would suggest:
Tesla service can read the log file for error messages. If Tesla can confirm that the error message (GTW_w182 Parking assistance not available)) has not been displayed at all six months before the date of the collision, I agree that it is likely that the collision may have caused this error.

Is it possible to read the error message log yourself or have a workshop other than Tesla read the log?