Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Park assist unavailable - Possible fix to save you 400-500 dollars from Tesla Slime Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Context: I was getting a park assist unvailable in my model x 2016 75d. I tried soft resetting a few times to no avail. I then tried a hard reset which can be done by changing wheel configuration settings. I didn't change tire size only the tesla wheel color scheme thing; you can hard reset your car this way. A hard reset oddly enough didn't fix the issue the first 2 times i tried it. Frustrated i looked around youtube and other forums for a fix. The videos I found to be helpful are linked below:

This video is to help give you a visual of how the sensors look like on the bumper inside and out front bumper. Helpful to see how the clips look like:

This one is a guy talking about a different method of hard resetting your car which i did not do; but I'm sharing in case it helps you:

This one is a method to not have to unscrew all the bolts on the bottom of your tesla in order to access the parking sensors. Notably with this method you wont be able to see all the parking sensors as you are trying to access the parking sensors through unscrewing the frunk. This one is the method I tried because I didn't want to jack my tesla and unscrew a bunch of bolts and take off the bumper:

- Utilizing the frunk method, I tried to see whether any clips were loose. But I could only see the outer two sensor clips, the inner 2 sensors similar to the video above cannot be seen and you are just reaching your hand in there to feel for the clip. Oddly enough i could not feel my way to the inner 2 clips and just said screw it and decided to just try and push in the outer 2 clips just to make sure they were tightly in and secured. After that I was about to give up and just fork up the insane 500 dollars tesla slime center wanted to charge me to replace the entire bumper and front sensors. However, I decided to give a hard reset one last shot, but this time i turned off auto-steering and summon. After I did that and did a hard reset then the park assist was working flawlessly afterwards. I then decided to message Tesla Slime Center to go f themselves and proceeded to cancel the appointment.

I also wanted to rant on about how Tesla Slime Center wanted to charge me nearly 450 dollars to replace my glovebox because i was unable to open it. However, after a software update, amazingly enough the glovebox worked just fine. I hit the button to open the glovebox, and like magic it worked. These Slime centers are just so full of it and I cannot believe the kinds of things they can get away with. I cannot help but feel like Tesla somehow messes with your car's software to purposefully turn off some features and prevent them from working just so you are forced to go to the Slime center and fork up your hard earned money to these overcharging assholes. This should be a crime.

Also guess what? My max battery capacity for the past 6-8 months of owning this car was at 230 and degraded to 211. But after this software update the max capacity increased to 260 miles. When i called Tesla prior to figure out what the max battery capacity was supposed to be their rep told me it was 230 for my make and model. What a liar! They had been software locking my battery capacity this whole time.

and degraded to 211. But after this software update the max capacity increased to 260 miles
Sounds like your display setting changed from rated miles to ideal miles, which is 25% higher. Go to the display menu and change it back to rated miles. You will find yourself back to 211 miles. No, your battery was not software locked and no one suddenly gave you more battery capacity.

Reactions: Rice&Curry
Sounds like your display setting changed from rated miles to ideal miles, which is 25% higher. Go to the display menu and change it back to rated miles. You will find yourself back to 211 miles. No, your battery was not software locked and no one suddenly gave you more battery capacity.
It was software locked. its 260 rated. plus you can find other articles on this on older model teslas. So, you can shove your smart ass remarks up your ass.

• Disagree
Reactions: Gumball
I also wanted to rant on about how Tesla Slime Center wanted to charge me nearly 450 dollars to replace my glovebox because i was unable to open it. However, after a software update, amazingly enough the glovebox worked just fine. I hit the button to open the glovebox, and like magic it worked. These Slime centers are just so full of it and I cannot believe the kinds of things they can get away with. I cannot help but feel like Tesla somehow messes with your car's software to purposefully turn off some features and prevent them from working just so you are forced to go to the Slime center and fork up your hard earned money to these overcharging assholes. This should be a crime.

And how much time have you spent doing these investigations?

My time is much more valuable than that.

It was software locked. its 260 rated. plus you can find other articles on this on older model teslas. So, you can shove your smart ass remarks up your ass.

The range of a new Model X 75D was 237 miles.
There is no way a 7/8 y old 75D is now at 260 rated.

I wish though, really.

Reactions: Bigriver
Just as an example of how easy it is to “gain range,” here is my 100D at 211 miles.
IMG_7382.jpeg

Blink of an eye, it has 265 miles.
IMG_7383.jpeg

211 rated miles vs 265 ideal miles. Nothing indicates rated vs ideal on the IC screen. Nothing changes except a bigger number is displayed, which is even further away from the actual mile capability than the rated miles.