Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can I drive my Models while it says coolant low?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,
Had a front light collision with a WALL couple days before, the front bumper cover is off, and the bumper looks ok, but I do experience the front trunk cant properly open, i have to manually push down the button to release the front trunk. Let it sit for a couple days while I get my work done and bring it to the certified body shop, this morning i hop into the car and noticed it said coolant low. Will, I do find couple drops of some Blue coolant on the ground, but my weather currently outside is like 35-40F, and to drive to the nearest certified body shop is 20 mins, just wondering, will the battery system get over heat on the trip? And cause my parking garage is under the hill which means a tow truck is unable to drive or it will be real hard to drive under the hill, Any thoughts helps, thanks!!

No problem to drive even without coolant at all. The vehicle will shut down each motor individually if it gets too hot. Eventually it will shut off the whole car if it overheats. Been there, did that....

If the car shuts down on the road, just wait to let it cool down and then continue to drive. Expect very degraded performance and speed.

No problem to drive even without coolant at all. The vehicle will shut down each motor individually if it gets too hot. Eventually it will shut off the whole car if it overheats. Been there, did that....

If the car shuts down on the road, just wait to let it cool down and then continue to drive. Expect very degraded performance and speed.
Can we refill the coolant by ourselves instead of getting serviced by Tesla , it’s charging $207 , which is very much costly. I saw coupling YouTube videos looks like it’s very easy. Please suggest me. Thanks
Kash

Can we refill the coolant by ourselves instead of getting serviced by Tesla , it’s charging $207 , which is very much costly. I saw coupling YouTube videos looks like it’s very easy. Please suggest me. Thanks
Kash
Yes, you refill it yourself, but the more important question is why is it low?

Secondly, if $207 is considered costly I wonder why you have a model S.

Thirdly, with a name like kashkash it shouldn’t be a problem.

Reactions: SmartElectric